Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our sweet little angel!!!

Here she is...... seconds after birth!


Almost a ten pounder!!!



Daddy's little girl!!! :)







The boys with their sister! Keaton wants to hold Katie 24/7!!






Grandma Spindler with Katie. This is their 2nd grand-daughter and 6th grandchild!




Grandpa Spindler with Katie!



I am now finally able to sit down and do some blogging about Katie's birth and post some more hospital pictures! First off I want to thank my friend, Amy, for posting those cute pics she took of Katie in the hospital onto our blog (last posting).

Our sweet Kathleen "Katie" Cecelia was born on Wednesday, February 4th at 8:02am and weighed 9 pounds, 13.9 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. She is the second biggest baby I have had. Keaton was 10.2 lbs. and Carson was 9.5 lbs. We named our daughter after my mom, Kathleen, who most of you know passed away from cancer 7 years ago. I believe my mom is smiling down from heaven and is loving that her new little grand-daughter is named after her. The middle name Cecelia comes from Matt's grandma, my grandma Kate's middle name and it also has the same meaning as Sheila. For those of you who know me, you know that I believe very strongly that things happen for a reason and Katie was born on my parents anniversary. Both of my parents have passed away, so Feb. 4th is a very special day to me already.

So here is the run down on the delivery! On Tuesday, Feb. 3rd, Matt and I got to the hospital at 7:30 am for my induction. I was so relieved to hear that I was going to be induced. Those of you who were around me the week before know how miserable I was feeling. At 10am they started the pitocin and by 7pm that night I had not dilated at all! At this point I was bumming! For those of you who have been induced before, you know it's a process and can take time but it is just frustrating and emotional because you want it go fast! So after they turned off the pitocin I was able to eat something since I hadn't eaten since 6:15am and was starving!!! At 9pm my dr. (Cathy Berry) who I love, decided to try something different and had me start on a medication called "Mezo" which worked great! By midnight I was starting to have contractions and at 4am my water broke on it's own. Then things got a little blurry for me!! After my water broke I was able to have my epidural (sp?). When the anesthesiologist was giving me the epidural, it went into what they call the spinal space which causes it to be a full spinal epidural (numb from neck down) instead of a regular epidural where you are numb from waist down. Anyway...I basically passed out on both the nurse and the anesthesiologist and was in and out of it for the next two hours. The good news is that I was completely comfortable and didn't feel a darn thing that whole time. Got a great nap in also! :) I finally started to get feeling back (around 7:15am) and then Katie was born at 8:02am after only pushing for 10 minutes. Matt and I were very impressed with the staff at Crouse hospital and felt that the nurses and my dr. worked very well together!

A Huge "Thank you" to my friend Megan, who is a nurse at Crouse who scored me my own private room at the hospital!! Thanks for doing that Meg and also for the wonderful Jimmy John's subs you brought us! YUM!! So much better than that hospital food!
We are all doing well now at home and adjusting to life as a family of five! :) Life is good!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrautlations again to you and your family Sheila! I love the story about her name and her birthday - what a beautiful blessing.

Erin said...

Oh, I love the pics! Adorable!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

You're welcome :)

Jordan said...

What a great story, Sheila! Katie is such an amazing blessing!!!! The pictures are adorable. Big hugs to you!!

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

she,
glad everything went well. cathy berry delivered logann too, i loved her as well!! your delivery sounded like mine with sophia, being out of it and everything. not a bad way to be : ) hope all is well at home now. looking forward to your next posts.